UAE Facts & Figures
- Official Name: United Arab Emirates
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Government type: Constitutional monarchy
- Federal structure: 7 emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain)
- President: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed (since 2004)
- Area: 83,600 sq km
- Currency: UAE Dirham (د.إ / AED)
- Major urban areas: Abu Dhabi (2.7 million), Dubai (2.5 million), Sharjah (1.4 million)
- Languages: Arabic (official language) and English, while Hindu, Urdu, and other South Asian languages are widely spoken.
- Religions: Islam is the official state religion.
- Time zone: GST (UTC + 04:00)
- Telephone code: +971
- Voltage: 230 V / 50 Hz
- Climate: Subtropical-arid
LAND & LOCATION
- Coastline: 1,318 km
- Neighboring countries: The UAE is bordering Oman and Saudi Arabia, and has maritime borders with Iran.
- Strategic location: The United Arab Emirates is one of the Persian Gulf States, a country in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula with a coastline at the Persian Gulf (Arab Gulf) and the Gulf of Oman.
- Population: 9.54 million
- Life expectancy: 76 years (men), 78 years (women)
- Population density: 114.13/sq km
- Births Per Day: 239
- Deaths Per Day: 43
- Net Migrations Per Day: 165
- GDP: 388 billion USD
- GDP Growth: 3.4%
- GDP per Capita: $38,500
- Unemployment: 3.6%
- Inflation: 1.8%
- Public Debt/GDP: 63%
- Trade Balance/GDP: 2.4%
- Total imports: 270.9 bn USD (2016)
- Total exports: 298.7 bn USD (2016)
- Trade balance: 27 bn USD (2016)
- Main imports: Pecious stone and metals, industrial machinery, electrical machinery, motor vehicles and parts
- Main exports: Oil and mineral fuels
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
According to the 2017 Global Investment Report published by UNCTAD, the United Arab Emirates is the 9th largest FDI recipient in Asia. The bulk of FDI is concentrated in the sectors of hydrocarbons, water and electricity production.
- FDI: 8.9 bn USD (2016)
- FDI stock: 118 bn USD (2016)