Market Research in Tunisia
Researching emerging markets has its unique challenges. The availability of reliable information sources is limited. Besides, doing primary research can be much more complicated than it is in a developed market because personal relationships or other unique local factors can play an important role.
For more than 20 years, we help our clients to understand emerging markets by conducting market research projects. We believe that with our experience, we have a good understanding of local challenges and can distinguish between reliable and misleading information.
To understand the Tunisian market, we offer three approaches: Market research, market visit, and opportunity screening.
Market Research is an essential tool to understand the specific conditions in Tunisia, like market size, competition, and local trends.
Tunisia is an emerging location for production and an export center for various industries, such as electrical machinery and apparel. Besides, it can be used as a hub to reach 200 million people in 23 French-speaking countries in Africa.
If you would like to have an easy-to-read and clear-cut formatted report which is prepared according to your questions about the Tunisian market, we are the right partner for you.
We offer market research for Turkey, UAE, Tunisia and Morocco.
Get in touch with us
Advantages of conducting a Market Analysis in Tunisia with FMC Group
- more than 20 years of market analysis experience in emerging markets.
- relevant insight. No matter how niche your sector is, we look at the market through the eyes of our clients, talk to the right people and understand how to filter the relevant data
- a tailor-made research scope, from answering a few questions up to a fully comprehensive market analysis with board presentations
- a flexible approach and can integrate our clients into the project steering, enabling them to adjust the research focus according to upcoming findings dynamically
- a highly developed methodology to research the markets
FMC Group’s Market Research Methodology and Tools for Tunisia
We have proven methodology and tools which we can easily customize to your research needs
Each research project can be a unique combination of:
- Desk research
- Phone interviews
- Face-to-face in-depth interviews
- Online surveys
- Site visits
- Focus Groups
Typical Scope for Market Research in Tunisia
- Market size
- Market structure
- Sales & distribution channels in Tunisia
- Key players (competition, customers and other stakeholders)
- Market shares
- Trends & developments in Tunisia
- Cost structure
- Location analysis
- SWOT analysis
We can also provide more insight by a detailed competition analysis & benchmarking
Our additional services to understand the Tunisian market:
This service is often used as an alternative solution for a lower budget. Our clients are using it also in addition to a market research to discuss with stake holders face-to-face in Tunisia.
We accompany such visits in Tunisia and give intercultural support in addition. Such visits are fully organized, starting from a pick-up at the airport to the travel organization with all visits, which is very helpful.
Opportunity screening is very pragmatical approach to understand the full potential of the Tunisian market. Usually we conduct a representative number of interviews with potential customers in Tunisia to understand the full potential. The results are often used by our clients to contact the created leads.
Information about the Tunisian Market
QUICK FACTS ABOUT TUNISIA
- Official name: Republic of Tunisia
- Capital: Tunis
- Government type: Parliamentary republic
- Head of state: President Kais Saied (since October 23, 2019)
- Head of government: Prime Minister Elyes Fakhfakh (resigned on July 15, 2020)
- Landmass: 155,360 km²
- Sea and water: 8,250 km²
- Currency: Tunisian dinars (TND)
- Major urban areas: Tunis (2.4 million, 2020 est.)
- Languages: Arabic (official, one of the languages of commerce), French (Commerce. Despite having no official status, French plays a major role in the country and is spoken by about two-thirds of the population), Berber (Tamazight)
- Time zone: UTC+1
- Telephone code: +216
- Climate: Temperate in the north with mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers; desert in the south
- National holidays: Independence Day, March 20 (1956), Revolution and Youth Day, January 14 (2011)
THE STRATEGIC LOCATION OF TUNISIA
- Neighboring countries: Algeria at West (1,034 km), Libya at East (461 km), the Mediterranean Sea at North
- Coastline: 1,148 km
POPULATION IN TUNISIA
- Population: 11.7 million (July 2020 est.)
- Life expectancy: 75 years (men), 78 years (women) (2020 est.)
- Population density: 75.5/km² (2020 est.)
- Population growth rate: 0.85% (2020 est.)
- Population distribution: The overwhelming majority of the population is located in the northern half of the country; the south remains mostly underpopulated
THE TUNISIAN ECONOMY
- GDP in current prices: USD 38.7 bn (2019 est.)
- GDP growth: 1.5% (2019 est.)
- GDP per capita: USD 3,287 (2019 est.)
- Unemployment: 14.9% (2019 est.)
- Inflation: 5.9% (2019 est.)
FOREIGN TRADE IN TUNISIA
- Total exports: USD 15.1 bn (2019)
- Total imports: USD 18.5 bn (2019)
- Trade balance: USD -3.3 bn (2019)
- Main export products: Electrical machinery, apparel and clothing accessories, mineral fuels and oils, footwear
- Main import products: Electrical machinery, mineral fuels and oils, machinery, plastics, motor vehicles, iron and steel
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN TUNISIA
According to the 2020 Global Investment Report published by UNCTAD, Tunisia is the 18th largest FDI recipient in Africa.
- FDI: USD 845 mn (2019)
- FDI stock: USD 29.5 bn (2019)
COMMUNICATION IN TUNISIA
- Total telephone subscriptions (fixed lines): 1,302,015 (2018 est.)
- Total mobile line subscriptions: 14,769,594 (2018 est.)
- Internet country code: .tn
- Broadband – fixed subscriptions: 1,014,395 (July 2018 est.)
TRANSPORTATION IN TUNISIA
- Number of airports: 9 international airports (2019)
- Number of registered air carriers: 3 (2020)
- Total railways: 2,167 km (2020)
- Major seaports: Bizerte, Gabes, Rades, Sfax, Skhira
GLOBAL PARTICIPATIONS OF TUNISIA
ABEDA, AfDB, AFESD, AMF, AMU, AU, BSEC (observer), CAEU, CD, EBRD, FAO, G-11, G-77, IAEA, IBRD, ICAO, ICC (national committees), ICCt, ICRM, IDA, IDB, IFAD, IFC, IFRCS, IHO, ILO, IMF, IMO, IMSO, Interpol, IOC, IOM, IPU, ISO, ITSO, ITU, ITUC (NGOs), LAS, MIGA, MONUSCO, NAM, OAS (observer), OIC, OIF, OPCW, OSCE (partner), UN, UNCTAD, UNESCO, UNHCR, UNIDO, UNOCI, UNWTO, UPU, WCO, WFTU (NGOs), WHO, WIPO, WMO, WTO