Market Research in UAE
For more than 20 years, we help our clients to understand emerging markets by conducting market research projects. We believe that with our experience, we have a good understanding of local challenges and can distinguish between reliable and misleading information.
To understand the market conditions in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, we offer three approaches: Market research, market visit, and opportunity screening.
Market Research is a valuable tool to understand the specific conditions in the UAE.
With its high purchasing power with a GDP per capita of USD 37,750, the UAE can be preferred as an attractive market to sell products including machinery, motor vehicles, plastics, as well as various consumer goods. It can also be used as a hub to reach the GCC (56 million people), benefiting from the customs union there, or the Middle East (358 million people) region. Before deciding on the market entry strategy or local investments, market research can provide significant insight.
If you would like to have an easy-to-read and clear-cut formatted report which is prepared according to your questions about the market conditions in UAE, we are the right partner for you.
We offer market research for Turkey, UAE, Tunisia and Morocco.
Get in touch with us
Advantages of conducting a Market Analysis in Dubai and the UAE with FMC Group
- more than 20 years of market analysis experience in emerging markets. We have delivered hundreds of projects in 20+ different industries
- relevant insight. No matter how niche your sector is, we look at the market through the eyes of our clients, talk to the right people and understand how to filter the relevant data
- a tailor-made research scope, from answering a few questions up to a fully comprehensive market analysis with board presentations
- a flexible approach and can integrate our clients into the project steering, enabling them to adjust the research focus according to upcoming findings dynamically
- a highly developed methodology to research the markets
FMC Group’s Market Research Methodology and Tools for Dubai and the UAE
We have proven methodology and tools which we can easily customize to your research needs.
Each research project can be a unique combination of:
- Desk research
- Phone interviews
- Face-to-face in-depth interviews
- Online surveys
- Site visits
- Focus Groups
Typical Scope for Market Research in the United Arab Emirates
- Market size
- Market structure in the United Arab Emirates
- Sales & distribution channels
- Key players (competition, customers and other stakeholders)
- Market shares
- Trends & developments
- Cost structure in Dubai
- Location analysis
- SWOT analysis
We can also provide more insight by a detailed competition analysis & benchmarking
Our additional services to understand the UAE market:
Market visit to Dubai and the UAE
This service is often used as an alternative solution for a lower budget. Our clients are using it also in addition to a market research to discuss with stake holders face-to-face in Dubai.
We accompany such visits in the UAE and give intercultural support in addition. Such visits are fully organized, starting from a pick-up at the airport to the travel organization with all visits, which is very helpful.
If personally traveling to UAE is not an option, we can organize online meetings as well.
Opportunity screening in the UAE
Opportunity screening is a very pragmatic approach to understand the full potential of the UAE market. Usually we conduct a representative number of interviews with potential customers in the UAE to understand the full potential. The results are often used by our clients to contact the created leads.
Information about the United Arab Emirates
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- Official name: United Arab Emirates
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Government type: Constitutional monarchy
- Federal structure: 7 emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al Quwain)
- President: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed (since 2004)
- Landmass: 83,600 km²
- Currency: UAE Dirham (د.إ / AED)
- Major urban areas: Dubai (2.9 million), Sharjah (1.7 million), Abu Dhabi (1.5 million)
- Languages: Arabic (official language) and English, while Hindu, Urdu, and other South Asian languages are widely spoken.
- Religions: Islam is the official state religion.
- Time zone: GST (UTC + 04:00)
- Telephone code: +971
- Climate: Subtropical-arid
- National holidays: Independence Day (National Day), 2 December (1971)
THE STRATEGIC LOCATION OF THE UAE
- Neighboring countries: The UAE is bordering Oman and Saudi Arabia, and has maritime borders with Iran.
- Coastline: 1,318 km
- Strategic location: The United Arab Emirates is one of the Persian Gulf States, a country in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula with a coastline at the Persian Gulf (Arab Gulf) and the Gulf of Oman.
POPULATION IN THE UAE
- Population: 9.99 million (2020 est.)
- Life expectancy: 78 years (men), 81 years (women) (2020 est.)
- Population density: 119.5/km² (2020 est.)
- Population growth rate: 1.49% (2020 est.)
- Population distribution: Population is heavily concentrated to the northeast on the Musandam Peninsula; the three largest emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah – are home to nearly 85% of the population
THE UAE ECONOMY
- GDP in current prices: USD 405.8 billion (2019 est.)
- GDP growth: 1.6% (2019 est.)
- GDP per capita: USD 37,750 (2019 est.)
- Unemployment: 1.7% (2019 est.)
- Inflation: -1.5% (2019 est.)
FOREIGN TRADE IN THE UAE
- Total exports: USD 185.0 bn (2019)
- Total imports: USD 188.6 bn (2019)
- Trade balance: USD -3.6 bn (2019)
- Main exports: Mineral fuels and oils, pearls, precious stones and metals, aluminum, plastics, machinery, electrical machinery, iron and steel, copper
- Main imports: Pearls, precious stones, and metals, electrical machinery, machinery, motor vehicles, mineral fuels and oils, plastics
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN THE UAE
According to the 2020 Global Investment Report published by UNCTAD, the United Arab Emirates is the 7th largest FDI recipient in Asia. The bulk of FDI is concentrated in the sectors of hydrocarbons, water, and electricity production.
- FDI: USD 13.8 bn (2019)
- FDI stock: USD 154.1 bn (2019)
COMMUNICATION IN THE UAE
- Total telephone subscriptions (fixed lines): 2,341,392 (2018 est.)
- Total mobile line subscriptions: 20,081,015 (2018 est.)
- Internet country code: .ae
- Broadband – fixed subscriptions: 3,024,565 (July 2018 est.)
GLOBAL PARTICIPATIONS OF THE UAE
ABEDA, AfDB (nonregional member), AFESD, AMF, BIS, CAEU, CICA, FAO, G-77, GCC, IAEA, IBRD, ICAO, ICC (national committees), ICRM, IDA, IDB, IFAD, IFC, IFRCS, IHO, ILO, IMF, IMO, IMSO, Interpol, IOC, IPU, ISO, ITSO, ITU, LAS, MIGA, NAM, OAPEC, OIC, OIF (observer), OPCW, OPEC, PCA, UN, UNCTAD, UNESCO, UNIDO, UNRWA, UNWTO, UPU, WCO, WHO, WIPO, WMO, WTO
Disclaimer: Although we carefully researched and compiled the above information, we do not give any guarantee with respect to the actuality, correctness, and completeness.