Employer of Record Tunisia (EOR Tunisia)
With our Employer of Record (EoR) Service in Tunisia, you can have your own local employees without the need to register and administrate a local entity. Our EOR service allows you to develop your potential in North Africa while leaving the administrative issues of local requirements to the responsibility of FMC Group. If your local business grows, you always can choose to transfer the employees to your own subsidiary.
Our Employer of Record service in Tunisia provides a fast, safe, hassle-free, and flexible way of entering the market. Using us as a global employer of record provider, our clients achieve remarkable results, especially for sales, marketing & business development, distributor management, and maintenance & service roles.
Tunisia is an excellent location to have your own employees if you want to develop your business in North Africa. Tunisia has good relations with its neighbors Algeria, Morocco, and Libya. It offers a great availability of affordable and well-educated employees with good language skills in English and French.
Get in touch with us
Advantages of using EOR in Tunisia
- Flexible, fast, and effortless way to enter the Tunisian Market and whole French-speaking North Africa
- Access to the highly-educated workforce in Tunisia, supported by our own local recruitment team
- Reliable way to build and manage a network of major accounts and distributors
- You stay in control of all market activities, according to your own strategy
- You can focus on value-adding tasks while FMC Group takes care of local administrative tasks.
- If necessary, you can exit the Tunisian market easily
- We take care of your local employees. We organize team events, motivation, and involvement meetings
- If required, we can provide additional services like office space, company car, IT equipment, etc.
Scope of FMC Group’s Employer of Record Services
- Our local recruiting team can search for employees according to your specification and needs. We can also hire pre-selected candidates.
- We negotiate and conclude the employment agreement with the selected employee according to your guidelines and local employment laws
- We hire your employees in Tunisia at our own local legal entity
- The local legal entity will pay social security and payroll taxes in compliance with local laws in Tunisia. The payroll accounting is managed according to international standards.
- Expenses or allowances are first checked by us, and after your approval, paid out to the employee
- Leave requests are monitored by us and granted after your approval
- We provide standardized processes and guidelines as well as regular feedback meetings for your employee
- We can provide IT infrastructure & mail service: laptop, mobile phone, mobile phone subscription including internet, etc.
- If needed, we can negotiate leasing and rental contracts for company cars
- We can provide additional benefits like providing private health insurance or meal vouchers system with monthly loading of tax-free meal allowances.
- We assist with visa applications, as well as the booking of flights through our travel agency
EOR Management and Reporting Flow Chart
Advantages of Tunisia as a hub for North Africa
Tunisia enjoys a strategic geographical position to serve EU, Africa, and Maghreb markets, located on the southern shore of the Mediterranean and in northern Africa,
Tunisia is the entry point for the whole North African markets as well as the French-speaking African countries. These represent 59% of the 300 million French speakers in the world.
Tunisia has signed several bilateral and multilateral trade agreements contributing to the consolidation of its position and its membership in its international and regional environment.
Tunisia offers investors a large amount of qualified and skilled employees at very competitive costs. It has a pool of talented young graduates with high potential and whose skills and qualifications in various fields correspond to the needs of the corporate world:
- High Multilingualism (Arabic, French, English)
- Over 65,000 new graduates each year
- 35% of graduates specialized in computer science, engineering, communications & other technical fields
- Tunisia has 9 international airports covering the whole territory with 2,000+ weekly flights serving 50+ cities.
- Tunis-Carthage International Airport has non-stop passenger flights scheduled to 69 destinations in 33 countries.
- You can find more information on the Tunisia Industry Portal
Remuneration and Side Benefits in Tunisia
- Payroll in Tunisia is done monthly, a “13th salary” is very common in Tunisia. In some sectors, there are bonuses related to the „14th salary“ and above.
- The salaries must be paid out in local currency (Tunisian Dinar), the negotiations can be made in another currency.
- Salaries are usually negotiated as net-salary
- Most common side benefits are: meal vouchers, private health insurance, company car (for sales positions)
Notice Period and Probation Period in Tunisia
The employment agreement for full-time employees in Tunisia can be concluded for a fixed or indefinite period.The fixed-term employment contract duration must not exceed 4 years, including renewals. After expieration, recruitment will be carried out permanently and without a probation period.The labor law defines the length of the trial period as:
- 6 months for regular employees
- 9 months for supervisors
- 1 year for executives
This period can be renewed once.
A written notice is required at least one month prior to termination. A longer notice period between one and three months can be provided.
Employees are allowed to be absent for the entire second half of the notice period to allow them to seek a new employment.
More information can be found on CNSS
Disclaimer: Although we carefully researched and compiled the above information, we do not give any guarantee with respect to the actuality, correctness, and completeness.