Employer of Record Turkey (EOR Turkey)
Having your own local employees is an important success factor when developing your business in a market. With our 20+ years of experience in Turkey, we can provide you with a solution to have your own employees without the need for a local entity in Turkey. Our clients are seeing excellent results, particularly in sales, business development, distributor management, service, and maintenance.
Employer of record is a quick, flexible, and painless solution. If your business in Turkey is large enough, you can transfer the employees to a subsidiary. It is a quick solution in case it would be a need to exit the market. Our clients and their local employees can fully focus on their core business without being distracted by administrative tasks or local requirements.
We are the local partner of our clients in Turkey, we are not a provider of an anonymous PEO service platform.
- Advantages of Employer of Record with FMC Group in Turkey
- Scope of EOR Services
- Office in Turkey (optional)
- Why is the Turkish Market interesting
- Working Time in Turkey
- Vacation Days in Turkey
- Probation Period and Notice Period
- Client Examples for Employer of Record in Turkey
Get in touch with us
Advantages of Employer of Record with FMC Group in Turkey
- Flexible, fast, and easy way to enter the market in full compliance with Turkish labor laws
- Full control of market entry and business development with your own local team, according to your own strategy
- Excellent solution for building/managing a distribution network and to care about key accounts
- Employer of Record services offer a flexible and powerful alternative to local subsidiaries or distributors, especially in combination with our import and distribution services.
- Over 20 years of recruitment experience in Turkey for international clients, we can find your successful local team with an excellent cultural fit.
- Instead of dealing with time-consuming and complex local administrative tasks and local laws, our clients and local employees can concentrate on their core business.
- Transition of your team to your own subsidiary in the future. FMC Services can handle company registration and financial services
- If necessary, this model allows for an easy market exit
- In Turkey, your local employees are not alone. We integrate them into our team and make motivational meetings, and organized team events
- Providing a professional business setting with a class-A workplace (optional)
Scope of EOR Services
- Optional client-specific personnel search & selection through our FMC HR specialists in Istanbul. Already chosen candidates can be employed as well
- Negotiation of employment contracts with the employees
- The employees are employed by the local company of FMC Group in Turkey
- Social security and tax payments are made in accordance with Turkish law, and payroll accounting is handled professionally following international standards
- After your approval, control, and settlement of travel and other expenses and allowance claims
- Leave entitlements after your approval, including special statutory leaves, will be tracked
- A company car can be provided, negotiation of car leasing & contract Automatic payments for Shell petrol stations & highway toll settlement (automatic system with monthly invoicing)
- Private health insurance negotiation and provision (optional)
- Provision of a laptop, landline phone (installation included), mobile phone, and mobile phone subscription that includes internet access
- Providing a lunch ticket system with monthly loading of tax-free meal allowances, lunch is typically provided to Turkish employees
- Booking of flights through our travel agency, billing to us
- Assistance with visa applications and international health insurance applications
- Mail service
- Internal training in your headquarters with the selected employees can begin directly, the employees can concentrate fully on the business
- The employees are integrated into an established company, with guidelines and standardized processes
- Regular feedback meetings with the employees
- Regular feedback calls with the client, intercultural consultancy, also regarding employee management in Turkey
- Office (optional), please see the section below
Management and Reporting Flow Chart
Office in Turkey (optional)
- Office in Atasehir (on the Asian side of Istanbul), in the class-A business tower “Brandium”, in an open-plan office on the 27th floor. Alternatively, an office on the European side of Istanbul in our headquarter is possible as well
- Underground parking in our Asian office for visitors and employees. Good accessibility, 5 minutes from TEM motorway (to the new Istanbul airport), 5 minutes from Bosporus Bridge access road
- Possibility to use meeting rooms, two are available in each office up to 8 – 10 persons
- Phone line connected to our switchboard, with separate phone numbers (numbers can be retained for future use, multiple numbers possible)
- Internet access (fast fiber-optic connection in the Asian office, VDSL in the European office)
- Tea, coffee, and drinking water are included, and use of the kitchen is possible
- Air-conditioning and heating separately controlled for all rooms
- Cleaning service for office
- The European office is 7 minutes drive from the Haciosman metro station and near to Maslak business district. Nicely located near the Bosporus in a quiet neighborhood.
Our Asian Office
Our European Office
Why is the Turkish Market interesting
Turkey, with its 83 million inhabitants, its proximity to Western Europe, and a customs union with the European Union, is an attractive market to sell products and services.
- Turkey has the 13th largest economy in the world in terms of GDP PPP (2019)
- 58,000 international companies are located in Turkey
- 4 billion potential clients in56 countries can be reached with less than 4 hours of flight
- Istanbul has 2 Airports, it is a great hub in the region:
- Istanbul Airport (IST) on the European side of Istanbul offers flights to 146 destinations connecting 120+ countries and 60+ capitals, 250+ international and 50 domestic destinations. The number of flight destinations will exceed 350 in the future when the airport works with full capacity
- Sabiha Gokcen (SAW), on the Asian side, is a fast-growing airport, 54 airlines offer direct flights to 41 domestic and 127 international destinations
- You may discover more about Turkey’s economic performance by visiting Invest in Turkey.
- Istanbul Investment Agency is an additional reputable organization for analyzing Turkey’s enormous competitive advantage.
- Turkey’s Skilled and Competitive Labor Force, with its high availability of well-trained personnel who typically speak English, is one of the most compelling arguments for investing in the country.
Working Time in Turkey
The working week cannot be longer than 45 work hours. Any work done over 45 hours is considered overtime hours, and is calculated at 50% above the normal hourly wage. Overtime pay is calculated by multiplying the regular hourly wage by fifty percent. Overtime may be worked for a total of 270 hours per year.
Vacation Days in Turkey
Employees with at least one year of service are entitled to annual paid vacation. Employees must be given the following minimum number of paid vacation days for each completed year of employment, depending on the length of employment:
- 1 – 5 years: 14 days
- 5 – 15 years: 20 days
- 15 years and over: 26 days
Probation Period and Notice Period
A local labor contract’s probation period cannot exceed two months. Employers and employees may terminate the local employment contract during the probationary period without notice or compensation.
The notice period is:
- Up to 6 months: 2 weeks
- 6 months – 1.5 years: 4 weeks
- 5 years – 3 years: 6 weeks
- Over 3 years: 8 weeks
Client Examples for Employer of Record in Turkey
Client situation: A UK-based, global Company in the medical sector decided to hire their own employees in Turkey, without forming their own legal entity, to manage their distributor in Turkey.
Project scope: In the first step, recruitment of the Country Manager through FMC Human Resources. The manager was employed by FMC Group in Turkey with our employer of record service.
Result: Within the first year, the business grew heavily, and our client decided to hire 2 additional employees. After 4 years, additional 3 employees were hired. FMC Human Resources recruited the complete team.
Client situation: An international supplier of the construction industry decided to manage their distributors in Turkey and their key accounts with their own local employees. The decision for our employer of record service for a fast and easy business development and operation.
Project scope: Recruitment of a Country Manager with the support of FMC Human Resources. The country manager was hired by FMC Group 2012 with our employer of record service. The employee is still employed by us. To enlarge the business and make it more stable, our client decided to use our import & distribution service in addition.
Result: They are still using the same set-up with FMC Group, despite the challenges that the Turkish construction industry has been going through in the past.
Client situation: A global healthcare company decided to split from its local distributor in Turkey. They were requesting a solution to hire the already existing team of 9 people, to take over the local stock, and handle the complete operations in Turkey, also including maintenance and service.
Project scope: Employer of record for the team of 9 people, including office and a small warehouse. Management of import & distribution, operations, maintenance, and service by FMC group.
Result: Management by FMC Group of the complete business, smoothly from the beginning.
Disclaimer: Although we carefully researched and compiled the above information, we do not give any guarantee with respect to the actuality, correctness, and completeness.